So, since my last posting here, I had a baby! Everett was born on May 29, nearly a week late, and all went well.
So since then, it’s been lots of newborn time, but I’ve been having lots of nice little outings as well. It’s definitely a bit nicer to have a newborn in summer than it is to have one in the dead of winter- easier to leave the house!
Speaking of summer, there’s a lot to love. Here’s a list of things I love about summer!
1. The smell of the air after a thunderstorm that drops the temperature like 15 degrees.
2. Walks at lunchtime. I’ve been meeting a friend of mine for lunch and walks on Fridays, which is a nice way to get some gentle exercise while being a fun outing for Everatt and I!
3. Trips to the playground. There’s lots of little playgrounds in our neighborhood, and we also like to go to the big city park every few weeks for a nice outing as well.
4. Barbecuing. My husband loves to grill and I love grilled food in the summer!
5. Sunshine. The long days make me feel like I can do so much more in a day!
6. Festivals. There’s lots of cool things to do in the summer, especially where I live.
7. Sandals. I love being able to just step into shoes on the way out the door.
8. Cherries. I love cherry season.
9. Summer in Canada. Because summer is comparatively brief (and constrasts so starkly with winter), summer in Canada is particularly special. There’s a holiday feel that seems to go on all season long.
10. Three day weekends! There’s a three day weekend in May, sometimes one in July (depending on when July 1 falls) one in August, and one in September!